This is a course to help you shape your health and the world, and feel empowered and excited on the real food journey! Does that sound like something you're looking to achieve at the moment? Empowerment instead of fear and guilt around food? A deeper connection to and understanding of food?
For the past 11 years I’ve moved through a real food journey, which has greatly assisted in healing and supporting 3 chronic conditions – Chronic tonsilitis, long term PCOS and sub clinical hypothyroid. I’ll never forget the 2 day fast my ‘new naturopath’ 12 years ago put me on after 4 rounds of antibiotics that hadn’t worked. I had said to myself in the pits of despair “There’s got to be a better way than this” and got curious about what holistic therapies might have to offer.
It was a fast of broth and well cooked carrots, along with 2 simple immune supplements. Cured 48 hours later and after continuing to work from the inside out, strengthening my immunity, I haven’t had it since, bar one mild case – As someone who had spent 20 years getting tonsilitis several times per year, this was revolutionary! So I knew back then that real food could get you one heck of a long way to fixing illness and supporting your body’s natural state: A healthy state.
Once I then started to do a little research on food, where it came from and how it was produced, I could not believe what I uncovered. Like a Hollywood blockbuster Erin Brockevich-like tale, the dirty back doors of the food industry unveiled themselves.
I then realised it was about WAY more than our health, but by changing the way we ate, we could also peacefully bring down the naughty companies that produce factory weirdness that harms us long term. People won’t make what people don’t buy. So peaceful. So easy. I had a crystal clear realisation that we could shape our health and that of our planet’s from our shopping baskets. From that realisation, and the realisation that I was destined to be a teacher and sherpa of sorts in this space, stemmed my blog and our community.
I want to ensure that people who want to hop on the train headed for the blissful low tox life, can do so armed with facts, unbiased research, delicious inspiration and arrive confidently. It’s not all going to be easy. There’s mental work to be done as well as product swaps, label detective skill building, work to make our families happily get on the train with us, work to understand the real picture of the current food system.
Will it be worth it? You bet. Will you feel it’s a delicious journey whereby you feel free and no longer trapped by food and food choices at the end? Absolutely YES. Let’s take a look at the vastness of content we will cover together.
Please note that this is not a diet course or a course to make you eat a certain way, other than the real food way. I want you to know exactly who the real enemies are in the food mix, and from there, crowd them out and use the tools from this course, to design your perfect food mix as well as be knowledgeable in the way that we can strength our bodies and ward of probability of a range of diseases – how powerful is that?
WHAT ARE WE COVERING?
REAL FOOD – DEFINITION AND EXPLORATION
- What exactly ‘real food’ means
- How to know what and who to believe in the age of google
- How the food industry has contributed to the diseases oh so prevalent in our society today?
- How food plays a role in reversing that disease and future proofing our families’ health.
- Each of the types of food source under the microscope – covering meat, fish, vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, fats, grains, sugars and processed food.
- Label reading – a label decoded every day of the course so that you have plenty of practice and know every trick in the book.
REAL FOOD IMPLEMENTATION
- The real food mind set: Discovery not deprivation.
- What’s leaving the cupboards and fridge
- The new kids on the block in your pantry and fridge – Your definitive guide to REAL food with resources for the UK, USA, Australia and France.
- Cost saving – how to do organic, sustainable without it costing the earth.
- Face saving – how to be a real food rockstar and still keep your friends, partner and your kids!
- Eating for 1, for couples, for families with little kids and families with teens, eating over 60
- Baby’s best start. It ain’t cereal!
- Expanding tastes – fussy eating root causes for little and big people alike
- Different benefits to different forms of food prep – raw, cooked, slow cooked, dehydrated, soaked and sourdough
REAL FOOD HEALING – A TASTER WITH SOME INCREDIBLE INTERVIEWS WITH EXPERTS IN THEIR FIELDS
Real Food for hormones
Real Food and weight
Real Food for MOJO – Get your energy back!
Real Food for heart health
Real Food and gut health (digestion, allergies, brain and stress)
Real Food and inflammation
Real Food for strong children
Real Food and community
Real Food for the planet
Plus loads of cool bonus materials like clever recipes and reinventions, ‘how to stage a real food workshop’, and expert interviews by a huge array of legends in the field of disease reversal and preventative health through food.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
- Anyone who wants to feel comfortable and confident about what foods are right for them, how to find and prepare them. I won’t be prescribing ‘a diet’ other than ditching weirdness. You will have the tools to start listening for what’s right for you. This lasts a life time past our time together.
- If you are just starting out and want to be thorough from the get go.
- If you have wanted to get round to digging a bit deeper, but haven’t had the time or motivation to do it alone.
- If you want to be able to put a lot of sound knowledge behind what they know to feel / be right in the face of friends and family.
- Real Foodists who feel that labelling their ‘diet’ something just doesn’t feel right.
- If you want to explore how specific foods can heal
- If you are sick of trying to explain their choices and want to feel more empowered in their peer groups
- If you want to commit to real food but can’t quite peace together how to not feel like you’re missing out
- If you love making changes with a supportive community to become friends with over the duration of the course.
WHO ARE THE EXPERTS?
We have a long list of holistic practitioners from naturopaths, to surgeons, to phds, nutritionists, psychologists and world class researchers. These are some of the top minds from overseas and locally, to ensure our learning is broad, backed by research and totally and utterly inspiring! Dr Stephen Sinatra the USA's leading integrative cardiologist, Sally Fallon, president of the Weston A Price foundation, Real Food Activist Jude Blereau, Jo Whitton of Quirky Cooking fame, Nat Kringoudis our hormone revolutionist, Helen Padarin talking imflammation, Naomi Judge talking resistant weightloss, Emma Sutherland talking getting your MOJO back, Costa Georgiadis talking about food for a better planet, Professor Jeremy Prince a sustainable fisheries authority and PHD professor, Shalani McCray talking Dairy ins and outs, Kitsa Yanniotis talking gut health and cultured foods, MamaBake's Michelle Shearer talking group food cooking for the soul.
What is the time commitment to get the best out of the course?
- A daily reading module of about 15 minutes reading time
- A daily challenge which you can do alone, or report into the private facebook group with your thoughts, feelings and successes or continuing challenges - Use the village as much or as little as you like!
- Inspired interviews every second day of around 20 minutes in length (transcripts available for people who are deaf or who have poor internet connection)
- Tools, exercises and recipes to support topics throughout the course.
How long do we have access for?
You will have full course material access for 60 days, so there's plenty of time to get through all the content.
Once you have been through all the course modules (triggered automatically with a daily email except on the days off which is every 3 modules a rest / catch up day, to take you straight to your content) you will be granted access to the alumni group to chat and get further support from the wonderful Rockstars community.
You will also have the opportunity to purchase a full course book with transcripts at the end of the course.
Being a Real Food Rockstar means ditching the stress, the guilt the lie of 'nouveau convenience' and truly loving beautiful, natural, nourishing food. It took me years to get there and having been one for 7 years now without so much as a minute yearning for my old favourite, Cherry Ripe, I can tell you it's possible and I can tell you, you WILL feel awesome.
If you fancy falling in love with real food and being empowered to prepare it, use it to its full advantage and feel confident in your future food choices, then I am very much looking forward to taking you on this real food journey.